2015 Placer Wine Trail Events
Experience collaborative open-house style wine tours hosted by the Placer County Vintners Association and the Placer County Wine Trail members.
Meet winemakers, wine grape growers and other wine enthusiasts while tasting award-winning artisan wines in the down-to-earth atmosphere of the Sierra Foothills. Check the left for upcoming tour dates and use the links above to get maps, tasting room hours and find lodging & dining partners all year long.
Please bookmark this site and keep in touch.
August 1 & 2: Grape Days of Summer on the Placer County Wine Trail
EXPERIENCE . . . THE GRAPE DAYS OF SUMMER and this year’s theme — Celebrate PlacerGROWN. Tour wineries and enjoy music, food & wine tasting. Learn about local agriculture and wine making with a unique and educational experience at each stop on the Placer County Wine Trail.
When: August 1 & 2
Hours: 11 AM to 5 pm
Cost: $30 early bird; $40 after July 24th; $10 designated driver.
Where: 19 Wineries on the Placer Wine Trail
Activities: Learn About Wine & Wine Making · Live Music · Food at Every Winery · Barrel Tastings · Vineyard Tours · Vertical Tastings . . . and more!
Grape Days Activities
• Bear River Winery Bear River Winery will be offering hot dogs and chips hosted by the Mandarin Orange Education Foundary. The Foundary will also be handing out complimentary tickets to this year's Mountain Mandarin Festival as well as other mandarin related products. We will also have the Pampered Chef demonstrating and selling their discounted cookware. On Saturday from 11:00 to 2:00 (possibly longer) we will offer a fantastic cigar experience featuring Don Felix Martinez, Master Cigar Roller from Casa de la Fuente. He is known for being the first to roll the world-famous Opus X cigar! Hand rolled cigars can be purchased for an additional $10 during this event. Depending on interest Don will be back again on Sunday. We will be handing out our free aroma wheel / mouth feel wheel and will have the wine aroma kits available for those that want to dive into the sensory experience of wine.
• Bonitata will open late at 1:00pm on Saturday. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be serving chocolate truffles.
• Cante Ao Vinho will be serving fresh fare highlighting the best of what summer has to offer – fresh herbed, blue cheese and salami petite sandwiches, ripe peaches, strawberries and watermelon along with some of nature’s other delicious indulgences. We will be showcasing chilled Chardonnay, Viognier, and Garnacha Rose along with four crowd favorite reds. Local vendors will be offering samples of farm fresh pestos, olive oils, garlic, toffee and hand crafted, natural soaps.
• Casque is delighted to be keeping it local. We will be offering local Colwell Ranch olive oil and vinegar tastings, the nursery will be open with fresh picked veggies available for purchase and we will be offering the opportunity to taste our new wines as they come of age in a variety of American and French Oak barrels. All paired with a trio of crostini and the lovely shade of our patio. On Saturday we'll have live music at the Flower Farm Café and local artists providing demos of their works in process.
• Ciotti Cellars - will offer an array of dessert items to pair with our Award Winning Wines. We will have small cupcakes by SmallCakes (Freshberry) along with small bite-sized pies from Two Slices Pies Company. .
• Davis Dean Cellars - Live Spanish guitar from Rich Ayala with small savory bites being served by Double Barrel Smokehouse.
• Dono dal Cielo Vineyard will be having DoggieStyle Hot Dogs here both days and guests can purchase food. We are having live music both days from 1:30-4:30pm. On Saturday, Dominator & Friends & on Sunday Two Barrels Shy. Silpada Jewelry will be there both days.
• Fawnridge will be serving meatballs with "Estate Barbera Marinara" with summer garden salad and rustic baguette! There will be a number of new wines sampled, including our new Sangiovese and Barbera.
• Lone Buffalo - Serving all natural Bison Beef Sliders from Gourmet Garage Catering. Special Vertical Viognier sensory tasting or 2013 and 2014 Bison Blanc Viognier along with new releases of Thunder Beast Zinfandel and Noble Beast Cabernet Sauvignon.
• Mt. Vernon - Serving meatballs and lite hors d’oeuvres. Live music. Sale on wine Taste our Best of Region Wines and meet the wine maker.
• Paza will have baked Ziti with meat sauce and Garlic Bread from Buca di Peppo. Also we'll have Kate and her bright pink bus - Glam Up Travelling Boutique.
• Pescatore - Food: Tacos & Beans. Education: From Vine to Wine - the Process. Fun: Sunday only: Vintage Trailer Photo Booth.
• Popie Wines - will offer an array of dessert items to pair with our Award Winning Wines. We will have small cupcakes by SmallCakes (Freshberry) along with small bite-sized pies from Two Slices Pies Company
• Rancho Roble will offer delicious appetizers such as bruschetta, garlic twists, and more courtesy of Siino’s Restaurant. We will also have our newest release available to taste, our 2012 Estate Barbera."
• River Rock Ranch will have music, educational tours available with free tastings and food as follows Bar-B-Qued hot dogs with rolls, potato chips, fruit from our trees, chocolate treats, cookies and refreshing sangria.
• Rock Hill - With expected hot weather we will have chilled rosé, three white wines and a red wine blend 4 Way new release. The food will be Barbecue pulled pork on rolls, salad and some cheese cake deserts.
• Secret Ravine will have fabulous Tiramisu prepared and served by La Fornaretta, Newcastle. We will also have Library wines available to taste and a few new releases to sample. Shaded picnic tables located adjacent to tasting room. Come and enjoy.
• Vina Castellano - is doing Grape Days at the Water *Wine tasting by the water - We will be pouring 5 wines including 3 new releases: Our 2014 Garnacha Rosado (Rose), 2014 Verdejo, and our limited release 2012 Garnacha (Grenache). And of course our ever popular Tempranillo and Abuelita. All wines will be on sell for $25 (Rosado & Verdejo on sale for $20) * Wine Cocktail samples - Watermelon Jalepeno Rose, Verdejo Lemon Drops, Sangria Rita *Barrel tasting on the Lawn - We will introduce our new Jug Club table wine called "The Matador". We will be giving away free Memberships to our Jug Club ($20 value). * Shiner Library SaleWhile supplies last we will have a $15 grab bag special. Guests can buy mystery bottles of shiners and mislabelled wines out of our mystery barrel. Value ranging from $24 to $33 dollars. * 2-5pm - Saturday- Music by The Manzanita Band - a modern twist on Blue Grass. * Paddle Boards & Yoga Demonstrations. REI - will be on hand Saturday - Try your hand at both.
• Wise Villa - Awarded 2015 Goldens State Winery of the Year- CA State Fair. you will be tasting the top wines in the state. Joined by local Raffine Chocolates, we will be offering a delicious house made meatloaf sliders. Our full service restaurant and bistro will be available for guests. Tours will take place approximately every two hours for your enjoyment.