Bear River Winery
Bear River Winery is a family operated boutique micro wine grower producing small lots of hand crafted wines using traditional methods from grapes sourced in and around northern Sierra vineyards.
Our Wines currently available for tasting:
- 2013 Chardonnay – A light refreshing Chardonnay with balanced acidity and classic flavors of apple, pear and tropical fruit. Soft notes of oak. Perfect with appetizers, chicken or fish.
- 2015 Barbera Rosé – A refreshing rosé made from Barbera grapes yielding balanced acidity and fruity aromas of red cherry and raspberry. Perfect by itself or together with food. This wine is best served chilled.
- 2012 Barbera – Barbera grapes yield rich fruit forward flavors of red cherry and raspberry with balanced acidity and fruity aromas. Pair with pasta, pizza or anything Italian.
- 2014 Merlot – A dry red wine made from Merlot grapes with lush velvety tannins and aromas of plum and mulberry. Perfect by itself or with cheese and grilled meats. Produced with Organically Grown Grapes
- 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon – Cabernet Sauvignon grapes yield classic notes of blackcurrant, black cherry and black olives. Perfect by itself or with grilled or smoked meats. Produced with Organically Grown Grapes
- 2014 Primitivo – Primitivo grapes yield a robust, jammy wine with classic notes of pepper and chocolate. Perfect by itself or with pasta and meatballs or sausage. Produced with Organically Grown Grapes
- 2012 Grizzly Syrah – Syrah grapes yield powerful flavors of blackberry and black liquorice. High in tannins and low in acidity this wine pairs well with robust meats such as grilled lamb.
- 2014 Beardeaux Right Paw – A right paw blend of 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. Classic fruit flavors of cherry, raspberry, blackberry and black olive. Produced with Organically Grown Grapes.
- 2014 Beardeaux Left Paw – A left paw blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot grapes. Classic fruit flavors of cherry, raspberry, blackberry and black olive. Produced with Organically Grown Grapes.
- 2009 Teddy Bear [Port Style] – Fermentation of Syrah grapes is halted early leaving high residual sugar for a delicious dessert wine with sweet fruit flavors. Serve with a cigar, chocolate or as a bedtime treat.